Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Reading Mate
      Keymaster

Reply to this thread with recommended titles for learners in KS1

rubyreadingmate

The Reading Mate blog has a post on recommended reads for KS1 which can be checked out here: https://readingmate.co.uk/inspiring-ks1-reading-books/

Thomas
      Participant

Key stage 1 is an important period of learning for young children, as they begin to develop their reading and writing skills. It is essential that the books they read are suitable for their age and level of understanding.

The types of books suitable for key stage 1 learners should be engaging, entertaining, and educational. They should also be age-appropriate, with simple language and easy-to-follow storylines that will help children learn new words and concepts.

Books can also help children understand the world around them better, as well as develop empathy and problem-solving skills. Therefore, it is important to choose books carefully in order to ensure that key stage 1 learners get the most out of their reading experience.

rubyreadingmate

Thanks for your thoughts there, Thomas.

Do you have any particular titles in mind? Perhaps that you have used with KS1 learners?

Thomas
        Participant

The list that you’ve provided above features some interesting titles. I would always recommend Flotsam. Although there are no words in the book, it’s great to get younger (and older) readers thinking about storylines and simply understanding how books work.

rubyreadingmate

I love Flotsam! Agree that there is a lot of value in that beautiful book. Thank you for the recommendation, I’m sure others will be sure to check it out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.